Monday, February 20, 2012

You'd think rejection would bother me more...

Yesterday I sent out emails to Gareth Michael Skarka and Jack Herman about possibly releasing Adversaries for ICONS and Villains & Vigilantes. I figured it would take awhile to get responses, but GMS was kind enough to reply today. He pointed out that as there are quite a few villain books out all ready, he couldn't approve an ICONS license for Adversaries. I was a little bummed at first, but to be honest, I wasn't at all surprised. I had started on things last year, but after my father died, my creativity kind of floundered. Ideas flourished, but when it came time to actually write something, nothing would flow out of me.  Meanwhile, a lot of excellent 3rd party product has come out thanks to the great people at Vigilance Press, Rhinotaur and others.

So instead of letting disappointment take over, I look at it as an inspiration to hopefully get something written that will be accepted for an ICONS license. I think one that I have on the plate might be worthy, but until I write it, I won't know.

2 comments:

  1. I wouldn't stress it, ICONS is just one avenue of sales. Look at how well Hazard Studio is doing with only BASH supplements. Build it and they will come man :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not stressing it at all. I'm looking at how to turn this negative into a positive. Had a nice phone call with Walt last night which really helped too. I'm feeling even more positive that if I play my cards right, I will be able to release product for ICONS in the future.

    ReplyDelete