Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Adversaries update

So thanks to some proof reading by Aldo Regalado (aka Dragonfly on many forums), the text for Adversaries has now been cleaned up. He's going over the Supers! stats for me, and once he finishes that, I just need to finalize some stuff regarding his character sheet (which he is going to let me use). Past that, I'm just waiting on Kris Smith to get me copies of the art in 300dpi. Once that is done, the G Core version can be laid out, and Walt has a kick ass idea for a cover he's going to do. I can't wait to see this finally finished!

Now to start writing the next one....

2 comments:

  1. BASH, Supers, G-Core and possibly ICONS. That's a pretty broad scope of gaming formats. How well do you find the different systems do at keeping true each character concept?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good question Ben! To be honest, it's not so simple to convert from one to the other. I know there are conversion files for many games to BASH on the yahoo group, but I haven't used them at all. I find Supers! is the easiest to do, as powers are so broad in that system. BASH & G Core require a little more detail

    For instance: In Supers, you can do a shockwave with Super Strength without needing any special add-ons, but for G Core, that's it's own power, and in BASH, you would likely use a form of Push to simulate it.

    I think in some versions, the characters might be a little tougher than in others, but not overly so. I'm finding it an interesting challenge adapting them to different games.

    Oh, and ICONS for now is out (as detailed in my previous blog post). However, I did mail in my license form for M&M 3rd, and am looking into both V&V and Savage Worlds. If all 3 of those work out, that would make 6 systems I'm supporting, and there are two others whose authors are interested in letting me support their products. We'll see how that goes, as I'm currently focusing on getting the BASH stats ready to go.

    ReplyDelete