Friday, June 5, 2015

Getting back on track...

So It's been a few months since my last post, where I showed the cover for Adversaries #1. That's now 1/3 of the way done. I had a minor setback a few weeks ago, just as I was getting back into a writing groove. I got sick after work one day, and accidentally spilled soda on my laptop, killing the motherboard, keyboard and some ram.

No longer being in NYC, my only choice locally was to take it to Best Buy. Turned out to be a costly mistake, but as they say, live and learn.

Last night I took my laptop to work. I normally watch videos on my tablet during break times, but this week, I'm going to try and do writing on my breaks. With 2 of the 3 characters for #1 finished, all I need to do is finish Tremble.

After #1, I'll start on #2. Thankfully, that is half written all ready. That issue will feature 2 villains, Amaethon and Adranus, both of who command specific elements. The Supers! verson of #2 will also feature a new boost for Summoning, so it will make the release a bit more valuable (I wrote the boost last year, and it's been reviewed and approved by Aldo & Russ).

Past that, I'm going to likely do a few single villain issues. A few of the villains in upcoming issues include Firefly, Lighthouse and Moodswing, to name a few. There will be other mini-compilations, as well as one featuring The Crime Guild, a villain team whose origins predates the Pulp Era.

I've also got some ideas for Halloween Horrors #2 for October. The first one did pretty well, so I think a followup for this year is a must.

In the meantime, here is some newer art I've had commissioned from various artists.

First up is an original Golden Age villain named Justin Tyme, drawn by Anthony Green:


Anthony's take on the Queen of Evil, a public domain character:


Joe Singleton did this one: Star Spectre, a cosmic superhero:


Another one from Joe: The metahuman serial killer known as The Glitch:


Last, but not least, Juan Paolo Mananita drew this one: Aktzin, the Totonac Thunder God:


No comments:

Post a Comment